Master ROS2 Basics and become a ROS2 developer
I will teach you exactly what you need to learn to get started, to remove this big learning curve everyone faces when learning ROS2.
Here’s my teaching method:
- Step by step.
- Going to the point.
- Practice, practice, practice.
That’s it. No useless stuff and distraction, just the important things you need in order to create ROS2 applications.
Become a ROS2 developer in one week, and save months of unguided learning!
What will you learn?
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand and master ROS2 basics.
- Create a complete robotics application using ROS2, with both Python and Cpp
- Build, debug, and monitor a ROS2 application.
- Know ROS2 best practices to speed up your development time on future projects.
For each concept, you’ll get:
- Concept explanation, with the context, and why you need to learn that.
- Step by Step “how to” videos (for both Python and Cpp).
- ++ An activity to practice + detailed solution video.
- ++ A complete recap + code download of everything we did in the section.
Also, as you progress you will get used to the most important ROS2 tools and debug functionalities.
At the end of the course you will work on a complete mini-project using Turtlesim.
With this course, you get 102 lectures divided into 11 modules.
The estimated completion time for the course, provided that you do the activities and mini-project, is 1 week.
The lectures have been designed to be short and to the point, with only one learning goal per video.
Each step is built on top of the previous step, so you can learn new things while practising on what you already saw before. The foundation you will build will be very solid and you will be able to rely on it for any new ROS2 project.
Is this course for you?
The course is for you if you want to:
- Learn ROS2 in a structured way.
- Not waste time and directly learn the important stuff you’ll mostly use.
- Create robot software faster.
- Build scalable robotics applications.
- Use a great robotics framework to teach, test, and simulate robots.
Whether you are a student, a developer, an engineer, a researcher, a teacher, or anyone else, if you recognize yourself in one of the points above, then it means you can benefit from the course.
!!! The course is not for you if you:
- Are already a ROS2 advanced or expert developer.
- Prefer to read source code and reference manuals instead of following a step by step course.
Prerequisites to learn ROS2
The course targets beginners in ROS2, but you have to have some basics in computer science:
- You are familiar with Ubuntu, writing code, and command line tools in general.
- You have basic programming knowledge (Python or Cpp) – this course can be used only with Python or only with Cpp.